Absolutely every creator on YouTube has asked themselves: "How can I earn more?" Unfortunately, there is no quick solution that would immediately lead to a lot of income. But creators can make the task easier if they start using advanced tools and go beyond YouTube. Let’s figure out how to earn thousands using Content ID, attracting international audiences and brands with distribution and translation of your content, improving your YouTube withdrawals by becoming a crypto investor, and using many other approaches you probably haven’t yet tried on your channel.
AIR Creators Ecosystem, a global YouTube partner of over 3000 creators, has prepared an extensive guide on how to MULTIPLY YOUR YOUTUBE INCOME. Here we share 9 advanced tools to help creators earn more, including those that generate passive income and expand popularity. In this article, we’ll uncover helpful essential tips. For more details, watch our video guide.
Tool 1: Restreaming Your Existing Content
This is a basic process that almost every YouTube creator is familiar with — live streaming. YouTube's algorithms prioritize streams over regular videos. That’s why streams generate more views and subscribers, which are so important to channel performance and monetization. Streams have higher audience retention and ads are always more expensive on these videos.
To start streaming, creators today don’t need to engage in a long preparation process of standing in front of the camera or using a powerful computer. Creators don’t even need their computers turned on while streaming. They can simply stream their existing videos on a loop using a streaming service of their choice.
We use a streaming service called Gyre on our creators’ channels that allow them to continuously stream their videos already uploaded on YouTube. This type of streaming increases their channels’ performance by up to 40% by simply reusing their pre-recorded content. Check out more about Gyre here.
Continuous streaming is a good choice for all types of content but showed especially great results in the kids, music, and gaming categories. Look for more helpful tips on effective streaming in our MeetUp.
Tool 2: Monetization of Unauthorized Uploads with Content ID
Unlike other copyright-protecting tools, Content ID possesses an exceptionally unique feature. It not only tracks and blocks pirate reuploads but provides an opportunity for creators to monetize their videos that were uploaded without their authorization. So, it not only helps to identify illegal actions related to copyrighted content, but it makes it possible to earn from it.
Content ID is the most effective tool in the fight against piracy, finding 95% of all uploads on the platform. This increases your chances to earn extra money from reuploads. Plus, Content ID will help you find YouTube uploads from your TikTok and Instagram profiles.
In December 2020, by using Content ID, one of our current partners earned 30k dollars in one month just on reuploads of his content. Obviously, it works better on large channels (he already had 4 mil subscribers), but smaller channels can also face misuse of their content. So even such a standard tool for protecting content will allow you to earn more.
Tool 3: Advanced Methods to Withdraw Funds from YouTube
YouTube payment instruments are limited in their functionality and range of currencies; they also have high fees and thresholds. In addition, creators can receive their earnings from YouTube only once a month.
Make sure you choose the most profitable way to withdraw money. Compare terms of various companies, make sure YouTube default payment methods satisfy you, and then find more attractive conditions to multiply your earnings.
What to pay attention to when choosing ways to withdraw money from YouTube:
- Fees. You can lose impressive amounts of money by paying withdrawal fees. There are offers to withdraw funds with fees as low as 50 cents in the current market. If you pay more, revise your service.
- Available currency options. If you live in a country where the USD is not a circulating currency, then find the service which provides withdrawals in your local currency.
- Receive early payments. You can get your money without delay, which may affect its value.
- Withdraw in cryptocurrency. Here’s a chance to multiply your earnings and open up a new source of income. But the process requires expert advice. So, consult with a financial advisor before you start your crypto payments.
AIR Creators Ecosystem offers a financial service that allows creators to withdraw money to cards in 155 currencies, and in Bitcoin and Tether (USDT). We also held an informative meeting on advanced withdrawal tools. Video recording is available here.
Tool 4: Channel Translation and Localization
Channel translation and localization help creators increase their presence globally without the necessity to produce extra content.
According to YouTube Analytics, on average, two-thirds of each channel’s views come from outside the creator’s home country. It is common for an English-speaking channel to generate more views in Asia or vice versa.
This proves that your content can be popular in some countries despite language difficulties and the absence of correct video optimization.
Think of comedy channels, for instance. Humor is something that’s not easily conveyed in different cultures. The pronunciation issue is also very critical. Using native speakers and professional voice actors is a great choice. Also, if you do not know the new language, take advantage of a specialist who will do the lip-sync. Dealing with amateur content translation and localization might harm your channel’s reputation in other markets.
Helpful Tips: Create a separate channel for your content in each new language.
If you plan to approach translation and localization on a large scale and have serious plans for expanding your personal brand globally, make sure that the main channel and the translated channel share the same design style - name, header, and avatar. Look for more tips in our video guide.
Tool 5: Cross-platform Content Distribution
Creators can receive additional sources of income by simply distributing their existing content to other platforms. It will also help them reach out to new audiences in other markets and get attractive brand deals. In some cases, creators have gained more popularity and are earning more on other platforms, as opposed to YouTube, due to the free niche.
Today, China offers the most promising content distribution platforms. Since YouTube is banned in China, local platforms are the only option for Chinese viewers who long for international content. Among the most profitable Chinese platforms are Bilibili, Toutiao, Haokan Video, Xigua Video, and Douyin. Each of them has over 100 million users per month. At AIR Creators Ecosystem, we distribute first on Bilibili and Xigua, because they have the largest traffic on these platforms with the best opportunities to promote content.
Ways to Monetize on Chinese Platforms
- CPM-based views. The average CPM per platform is $0.5. Sometimes CPM can grow if the platform promotes a specific category. In such cases, CPM can reach $4-$5 per 1,000 ad views.
- Bonus system. Most Chinese platforms give a welcome reward immediately after a creator connects their channel. The bonus size depends on how interested the platform is in placing your particular content. Not every channel receives a welcome bonus, but authors receive quarterly “future” bonuses if the channel performs better in time.
- And the cherry on the top of the cake is exclusive contracts with platforms and brand deals. Chinese platforms often offer an exclusive contract. The contract terms vary from exclusive placement ONLY on a specific platform to an agreement to publish more videos. These contracts are typically for one year or longer.
If you would like to dig deeper into distribution on Chinese platforms, please watch this MeetUp dedicated specifically to this topic.
Tool 6: Merch
For YouTube creators (and any influencer), launching their own merchandise is another tool for increasing audience loyalty and monetization. The more popular your channel, and the more loyal the audience, the more in-demand the product will be.
You can release 3 wardrobe items in different styles but in the theme of your channel. It can even be various items, from a T-shirt to socks or even stickers.
Merch can also be scaled to address some global concerns. For example, you can help the planet by encouraging people to wear your eco-friendly hoodie with the slogan “don't use plastic,” etc.
Before creating your merch, you have to pay attention to certain steps and features. We look at them closely in this MeetUp.
Tool 7: Brand Deals
More and more brands around the world are starting to approach YouTube. And the number of ad formats is growing. It’s no longer just pre-rolls, mid-rolls, Out-stream video ads, Masthead, and other default tools. Brands actively plan influencer marketing in their budgets and contracts for long-term in-video integrations, ambassadorship, and multi-platform advertising.
Сreators can take advantage of this trend and prepare ahead of time for future deals. Here's how to do it:
- First, prepare your channel and content. Avoid artificially increasing metrics, guidelines violations, controversial statements that contain extremism, racial discrimination, or other sharp points of view. Convey value in your content to become attractive for brands and communicate with your audience properly.
- Improve your content creation and publication to become more predictable for viewers and brands. Define the focus of your channel to make a clear positioning. Analyze your target audience and their interests. Concentrate on increasing your key channel metrics. Determine the frequency and duration of uploaded videos to develop a clear system.
- Start with barter deals to attract other advertisers. Also, barter deals will help you analyze your audience's activity, interests, and preferences.
- Create a media kit. This is a presentation where you talk about previous integrations and show audience activity. You can also indicate your prices for integrations. This document will help advertisers better navigate what you have to offer.
But now the next question arises: "Where to find advertisers?" We've covered three ways to find deals with brands in more detail in our video guide.
Tool 8: Investment Funds for Creators
To take your channel to the next level, you need to use multiple tools at once. But where do you get the money for this?
As with any business, you can grow your channel with the backing of investors.
Before you start looking for them, you need to prepare a channel strategy and action plan. Basically, you need a solid business plan. You must have a clear understanding of where the investor money will go and how it will help you make money. Finding investors is intimidating to many creators. If you do it yourself, you’ll need to expect a lot of rejections.
To help creators find a solution, we created the world's first creator-only investment fund — AIR Investment.
How do we help authors at the foundation?
- We invest in talented creators.
- We create an individual strategy to attract new traffic.
- We analyze the channel and its target audience.
- We finance and customize advertising campaigns for the goals and creator content.
- We cover all financial risks.
Find more information on this website.
YouTube Shorts Fund
In addition to looking for direct investment, you can take advantage of special platform funds. For example, the TikTok Creator Fund or the Facebook and Instagram Creator Program. But the most talked-about program is the YouTube Shorts Fund. Now, if you shoot short YouTube videos, you can earn anywhere from $100 to $10,000 in additional monthly income. More details about the Fund can be found at this link.
Tool 9: Games and Apps Development
Mobile gaming is evolving so fast that, according to Newzoo, by the end of 2021, the industry will generate a revenue of $90 billion. By comparison, revenue from regular PC games barely exceeded 35 billion. Many famous creators have already jumped on the bandwagon of this fast-growing opportunity. And they’ve realized one psychological factor for this element — all fans would love to live a day in the life of their favorite artist, actor, or creator. Plus, as with merch, mobile apps exit the YouTube zone, which can generate significant income.
We recently developed a mobile game for Lady Diana, where users can choose her as a character and select various daily beauty routines for her. Or, they can choose a different character and select experiences while hanging out with virtual Diana — having fun, beauty procedures, and involving her in other activities. Just one month after the release, the game was downloaded by more than 3 million users.
We develop mobile games for select channels with at least 10,000,000 views per month, covering all costs. We conduct niche analysis, develop the main idea, design, and software, test the game, launch, support, and invest in it.
While creators are just beginning to master this niche, you have a chance to stand out and go beyond YouTube, delighting viewers and making good money.
How Can Creators Earn More?
To earn more, creators today can simply distribute, stream, and localize their existing content. These are great options that don't require additional content creation. Other options are to develop branded mobile games, use the most beneficial funds, withdrawal instruments, and cryptocurrency opportunities, and take advantage of the best investment funds for creators.
If you’re interested in learning more about various ways to diversify your YouTube sources of revenue, watch this video guide and get additional expert insights.